I bought the big warm down coat and I have two pairs of tall, waterproof boots (one even has fur!). I have been hyped up about the ominous Chicago winter ever since we decided to move here almost two years ago, and here it has been one of the mildest winters in recent history. Yes, God doesn’t answer all of our prayers but he answers some! I do love the coziness of winter though and the fact that I haven’t taken down some Christmas lights and our heat is free makes it even more cozy in our little place.
I know that it’s a bit late for New Year’s resolutions, but I have been thinking more and more about what my desires are for this year. Perhaps it is because I start my 30’s this year or perhaps it is because I look at my day planner way too often (yes, I still use one of those paper versions), but whatever the reason I am going to be a goal setter this year! Here we go —
- Do my first Olympic distance race (see last post)
- Be better at planning meals and buy healthier snacks for when I come home starving and have those late night snack cravings (marshmallows are my standard as of today)
- make a photo book of all of our Chicago guests
- Be in the best shape of my life (a bit subjective, i know)
- Get out of the city more and explore the Midwest; drive more country roads; head up the Michigan coast
- Do some long distance bike rides (perhaps Chicago – Milwaukee – Chicago in two days)
- Give my time away – serve at church, watch friends kids, and have time to volunteer
- Expand my creative horizons and work on personal gifts for friends and family with photography, cross stitch, and knitting.
- Continually working on — growing in my knowledge and understanding of the kingdom of God; loving those around me with intentionality; supporting Timothy in his endeavors
- Learn something new/ take a risk toward work that I love (i know, general, but i have some ideas)
- Spend time with our amazing families in Charleston and Los Angeles (Ok, that ones gonna be easy)
So we shall see… In the meantime, I will leave you with another picture of our cozy winter evenings that is almost guaranteed to make you yawn. Hope you are all enjoying some cozy nights and warm food!